Top Ten Questions:
Finding the right orthodontist is a big decision. Knowing the right questions to ask will help you make a well informed decision.
1. From which accredited Dental School did you graduate?
2. Where did you complete your Orthodontic Residency Program?
3. Do you only perform orthodontic treatment, or do you also offer general dentistry services such as root canals, cavity filings and extractions?
4. What is the scope of the proposed treatment plan and possible consequences if we do not choose to move forward with one of these options now?
5. Do you personally do all of the work on your patients (bend the wires, attach brackets, etc.) or will some of the work be completed by other associates? If so, what is their level of expertise?
6. What are the practice office hours?
7. How are treatment costs determined and what billing options will be made available to me? What insurance plans to you accept?
8. What should be expected as far as post-treatment follow up?
9. Do you provide patient references?
10. Are you a member of the American Association of Orthodontists and/or board certified by The American Board of Orthodontics?